The Health and Safety Authority (HSA) has published its draft strategy for the period 2013 – 2015. The document is out for public consultation and comments or suggestions are to be made by the deadline of 5 pm on 16th July 2012.
All submissions received will be considered by the Board of the HSA with a view to submitting the plan for the approval of the Minister in September 2012.
The five strategic priorities for the HSA are:
1. Enable enterprises to comply with their legal obligations in a practical and reasonable manner
2. Achieve a high standard of compliance with safety, health and welfare and chemical laws.
3. Support the Minister in the development of a well -functioning, robust and proportionate regulatory framework.
4. Engage and work with people and organisations nationally and internationally to achieve our vision.
5. Be a high performing organisation delivering value to the Irish taxpayer.
The Draft Strategy can be found at http://consultation.hsa.ie/general-applications/HSA-Strategy-2013-2015/strategydocumentconsultation.rpt.12jun2012.pdf
Submissions can be made: at http://consultation.hsa.ie, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Health and Safety Authority, Metropolitan Building, James Joyce Street, Dublin 1 for the attention of Martin O Halloran.